MTI seeks a candidate with experience working in lending, economic development, and/or technology-intensive companies and an entrepreneurial outlook to fill the role of Investment Officer. This is a great opportunity for a highly talented individual with an interest in business development through engagement and funding who wants to play an important role in early-stage growth companies. The position is a professional member of the MTI Investment Operations team and reports to the President.
This position works closely with the President and team members to administer and facilitate the Development Loan program, conduct outreach, and increase awareness leading to quality deal flow as well as promoting entrepreneurship and innovation in the Maine region. The individual works closely with the President and other Investment Operations staff on day-to-day program administration and coordinates with other members of MTI.
In addition, this individual will work with assigned portfolio companies to increase the likelihood of successful commercialization, to improve returns on investment, and to generate a positive impact within Maine.
Qualified individuals should email or mail a cover letter and resume to the attention of Sandra Marquis, at email@example.com or by mail at Maine Technology Institute, Attention: Sandra Marquis, 8 Venture Avenue Brunswick Landing, Brunswick, ME 04011. MTI will accept application materials until January 23, 2017.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in business, science, technology, engineering, or equivalent experience in a technology-based company or economic development organization. An MBA or Master’s degree is preferred but not required.
- Experience working in economic development, commercial lending, or a technology-intensive company in a product development, marketing, or a related role.
- Familiarity with standard company financial reporting and experience in business and/or product management strategy.
- Demonstrated customer service and account management skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and record-keeping skills.
- Microsoft Office, Excel, internet and database skills.
- Ability to work under deadlines and as a member of a team.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the State of Maine.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A passion for technology and enterprise development, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- A process-oriented mindset and contract and/or project management experience.
- Experience with funding or managing R&D programs, product development and management experience.
- Private sector business experience and familiarity with business development practices.
- A demonstrated capacity to work with companies and research/business management personnel.
- The ability to comprehend complex business and product development strategies and think both creatively and critically.
- Organizational skills that will allow the individual to oversee up to 30 portfolio investments.
- Knowledge of Maine and regional innovation economy, financing programs and experience working with Maine organizations is a plus.
Read the full job description here.