Dates & Deadlines
- 4/7/15 - TechStart Grant Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 4/7/15 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 4/14/15 - National Science Foundation SBIR/STTR Workshop Join us on Tuesday, April 14th to learn more…
- 4/22/15 - TechStart and Seed Grant Webinar This webinar will focus on the application…
- 5/5/15 - TechStart Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 6/6/15 - TechStart Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 6/9/15 - Development Loan Concept Review Deadline A Concept Review Meeting is required of all…
- 6/23/15 - Development Loan Application Deadline All applications due by 5pm.Development…
- 8/18/15 - Seed Grant Application Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 12/15/15 - Seed Grant Application Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
The TechStart Grant is a new funding opportunity offered as part of the Business Innovation Program to individuals and companies across Maine who are looking to develop their new ideas and new products. Entrepreneurs with ideas of innovative technologies are encouraged to apply.
TechStart Grants will be awarded up to twelve times each year, for up to $5,000 per project. Funds must not be readily available from another service provider. TechStart Grants also may be used to support specific activities such as business plan development, intellectual property filings, market analysis, or technology transfer activities out of research institutions. TechStart Grant projects must have clearly defined deliverable outcomes and endpoints for the specifically funded scope of work not to exceed six months in duration. Each grant requires a 1:1 match consisting of actual cash, salaries, staff time, or equipment directly attributable to the proposed project. Funded projects must fall under one of Maine's seven targeted technology sectors.
TechStart Grant Application Process
Some documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Adobe Reader for viewing. If you do not have this software, it can be downloaded free of charge at the Adobe web site. Email questions about the application to email@example.com.
Step 1: Download the TechStart Application Instructions (PDF) (Word - with fill-in forms)
Step 2: Register online for a unique Application ID number (Registration)
Step 3: Download all TechStart Application Forms
Form A - Copy of TechStart Registration Form (Step 2)
Form B - Project Budget (Excel)
Step 4: Submit a complete application to MTI before deadline date
Applications may be submitted online, mailed or hand-delivered to our Brunswick office. Applications may not be submitted via email. All applications must be received before 5pm on the deadline date.
To submit your application online, log into your account here.
On the right hand side, you will see "Submit Application Online" - once selected you will be redirected to a new page. Select "New Proposal", fill out the Proposal ID, Email, Name, Organization and select "Start Proposal". Add a single PDF document of the proposal and hit submit.
Step 5: Receive notification of grant decision rendered by TechStart Grant Review Committee
The next deadline for TechStart Grant applications is April 7, 2015 by 5:00 PM (EST). Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Notification of awards is expected by April 29, 2015.
Grant Recipient Forms
TechStart and Seed Grant Presentation (PDF) - Updated 3/17/2015
TechStart and Seed Grant Recorded Webinar - Updated 8/12/2014
See the MTI calendar of events for upcoming workshops and webinars.
For more information, contact Lou Simms at 207-588-1015 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.