Dates & Deadlines
- 5/22/13 - TechStart and Seed Grant Webinar This webinar will focus on the application…
- 5/23/13 - Funding workshop with MTI and The First Come learn about financing options available…
- 5/24/13 - Funding Workshop with MTI and Norway Savings Bank Come learn about financing options available…
- 5/30/13 - Funding Workshop with MTI and Camden National Bank Come learn about financing options available…
- 6/4/13 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pm TechStart Grants…
- 6/20/13 - 2013 New England Regional SBIR/STTR Summer Session Increase your chances of winning an SBIR/STTR…
- 6/26/13 - Internet Marketing: SEO and Beyond for Business Success Presented by Maine International Trade center…
- 7/2/13 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pm TechStart Grants…
- 7/9/13 - Development Loan Deadline All applications due by 5pm. Development…
- 8/20/13 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m. MTI Seed Grants of…
MTI Seed Grants of up to $25,000 are offered three times a year to support early-stage research and development activities for new products and services that lead to the market. Funded activities may include activities such as proof of concept work, prototype development, field trials, prototype testing, pilot studies, or technology transfer activities. Funded projects must fall under one of Maine's seven targeted technology sectors.
MTI offers Seed Grants as direct investments in companies that are pioneering Maine’s future through their technology innovations. Loan recipients are companies undertaking research and development that will enable them to grow and remain competitive in the global marketplace.
Seed Grant Application Process
Some documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Adobe Reader for viewing. If you do not have this software, it can be downloaded free of charge at the Adobe web site. Email questions about the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Download the Seed Grant Application Instructions (PDF) or (Word - with fillable forms)
Step 2: Register online for a unique Application ID number (Registration)
Step 3: Download all Seed Grant Application Forms
Form A Copy of your Registration Form
Form B Project Budget (Excel)
Form C Credit Authorization (Word)
Form D Intellectual Property List (Excel)
Step 4: Submit a complete application to MTI before the deadline date
NEW!! Applications may now be submitted online through the MTI website at www.mainetechnology.org/account/forms.
Applications may now be submitted online through the “Submit Application Online” link in the My Account section of the MTI website. All applications submitted online must be in the form of a single PDF file only, including the Credit Authorization Form.
Step 5: Receive notification of grant decision rendered by MTI Board of Directors
The next deadline for Seed Grant applications is August 20, 2013, by 5:00 PM (EST). Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Notification of Awards is expected on October 16 , 2013. The following deadline will be in December.
Grant Recipient Forms
TechStart and Seed Grant Presentation (PowerPoint) - Updated 4/24/2013
See the MTI calendar of events for upcoming workshops and webinars.
For more information, contact Shane Beckim at 207-588-1018 or email email@example.com.