Dates & Deadlines
- 9/2/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 9/23/14 - TechStart and Seed Grant Webinar This webinar will focus on the application…
- 9/23/14 - Development Loan Deadline All applications due by 5pm.Development…
- 10/7/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 10/20/14 - CIP Implementation Proposal Deadline All CIP Implementation proposals are due by…
- 11/4/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 11/12/14 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 12/2/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
MTI Seed Grants of up to $25,000 are offered three times a year to support early-stage research and development activities for new products and services that lead to the market. Funded activities may include activities such as proof of concept work, prototype development, field trials, prototype testing, pilot studies, or technology transfer activities. Funded projects must fall under one of Maine's seven targeted technology sectors.
MTI offers Seed Grants as direct investments in companies that are pioneering Maine’s future through their technology innovations. Loan recipients are companies undertaking research and development that will enable them to grow and remain competitive in the global marketplace.
Seed Grant Application Process
Some documents are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Adobe Reader for viewing. If you do not have this software, it can be downloaded free of charge at the Adobe web site. Email questions about the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 1: Download the Seed Grant Application Instructions (PDF) or (Word - with fill-in forms)
Step 2: Register online for a unique Application ID number (Registration)
Step 3: Download all Seed Grant Application Forms
Form A Copy of your Registration Form
Form B Project Budget (Excel)
Form C Credit Authorization (Word)
Form D Intellectual Property List (Word)
Step 4: Submit a complete application to MTI before the deadline date
Applications may be submitted online, mailed or hand-delivered to our Brunswick office. Applications may not be submitted via email. All applications must be received before 5pm on the deadline date.
To submit your application online, log into your account here.
On the right hand side, you will see "Submit Application Online" - once selected you will be redirected to a new page. Select "New Proposal", fill out the Proposal ID, Email, Name, Organization and select "Start Proposal". Add a single PDF document of the proposal and hit submit.
Step 5: Receive notification of grant decision rendered by MTI Board of Directors
The next deadline for Seed Grant applications is November 12, 2014, by 5:00 PM (EST). Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted. Notification of Awards is expected by January 19, 2015.
Grant Recipient Forms
TechStart and Seed Grant Presentation (PDF) - Updated 8/12/2014
TechStart and Seed Grant Recorded Webinar - Updated 8/12/2014
See the MTI calendar of events for upcoming workshops and webinars.
For more information, contact Jessica Watson at 207-588-1015 or email at email@example.com.