Dates & Deadlines
- 10/6/15 - MTI Office Hours in Portland The Maine Technology Institute is holding…
- 10/6/15 - TechStart Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 10/6/15 - Development Loan Deadline: Notice of Intent to Apply due by 5pm The Notice of Intent shall be accompanied by…
- 10/8/15 - MTI TechStart and Seed Grant Webinar This webinar will focus on the…
- 10/20/15 - Development Loan Application Deadline: All applications due by 5pm Applications may be submitted online, mailed…
- 10/26/15 - Cluster Initiative Program Implementation Proposals Due by 5:00 pm MTI's Cluster Initiative Program awards…
- 11/3/15 - MTI Office Hours in Portland The Maine Technology Institute is holding…
- 11/3/15 - TechStart Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 12/1/15 - MTI Office Hours in Portland The Maine Technology Institute is holding…
- 12/15/15 - Seed Grant Application Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
Topics for the FY16 SBIR/STTR Phase I Release 1 Funding Opportunity Announcement have been issued and are available on their website:
The following DOE program offices are participating in this solicitation:
- Office of Advanced Scientific Computing Research
- Office of Basic Energy Sciences
- Office of Biological and Environmental Research
- Office of Nuclear Physics
Important Upcoming Dates:
Topics Released: July 20, 2015
Funding Opportunity Announcement Issued: Monday, August 17, 2015
Letter of Intent Due: Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Application Due: Monday, October 19, 2015
Award Notification: Early January 2016*
Projected Grant Start Date: Monday, February 22, 2016
*Date Subject to Change
If you need more information or would like to find out how to submit a proposal, contact Karen West 207-845-2934, email@example.com.
The 2015 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) SBIR Solicitation is out!
MTI is here to help companies submit competitive proposals! MTI also offers a Phase 0 KickStart grant to help defray the costs of writing an SBIR/STTR proposal and also free technical assistance to guide you through the proposal development process. For more information, see below and also contact Karen West at 207-845-2934, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
SBIR/STTR Three-Phase Program
Determines feasibility. Agencies award grants up to $150,000 for a six month SBIR project and one-year STTR project that explores the technical merit of an idea or technology. Applicants must submit a 25-page proposal in response to a specific agency topic. The proposal must articulate objectives, significance of the innovation, scope of work, and applicant qualifications. Recommended Timeline for Phase I Proposal Writing Process
Transfers innovation from the workbench to the marketplace. No SBIR/STTR funds support this phase, so an entrepreneur must pursue capital from the private sector or funding from other non-SBIR/STTR federal programs.
Click here for SBIR/STTR Powerpoint Presentation
The MTI has developed an SBIR/STTR Technical Assistance Program (TAP) to encourage entrepreneurs and small business to participate in the federal SBIR/STTR Program. Companies may receive pro-bono guidance and advice from the TAP team separate from, and in addition to the MTI SBIR/STTR funding programs. For more information contact Shane at 588-1018 or at email@example.com.
Business Accelerator Grants
The MTI Business Accelerator Grant is available to companies that have recently been chosen for a Federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase I or Phase II grant. More information about the Business Accelerator Grant can be found here.