Dates & Deadlines
- 1/6/15 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 1/27/15 - Development Loan Concept Review Deadline A Concept Review Meeting is required of all…
- 2/3/15 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 2/10/15 - Development Loan Application Deadline All applications due by 5pm.Development…
- 3/3/15 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 4/7/15 - TechStart Grant Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 4/7/15 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 5/5/15 - TechStart Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 6/6/15 - TechStart Application Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
The Department of Energy has released its SBIR/STTR solicitation:
Schedule for submission:
To review the SBIR/STTR topics click here: Phase I Release 2 topics
To review the solicitation after November 24, go to: http://science.energy.gov/sbir/funding-opportunities/
If you find a topic of interest that fits your technology, please contact Karen West at (207) 845-2934 or email at email@example.com.
Are you interested in securing early stage funding for your innovative product, process or service? Attend the Department of Energy (DOE) SBIR/STTR Workshop on December 4th!
Click here for more information!
The National Science Foundation (NSF) solicitation is out! Proposals due December 2, 2014
The NSF has released their 2014 fall solicitations for both SBIR and STTR. The topics remain the same for both programs but each solicitation is different.
Read the topics of interest here
Click here to read the SBIR Solicitation
Click here to read the STTR Solicitation
The 2015 National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) SBIR Solicitation is out!
MTI is here to help companies submit competitive proposals! MTI also offers a Phase 0 KickStart grant to help defray the costs of writing an SBIR/STTR proposal and also free technical assistance to guide you through the proposal development process. For more information, see below and also contact Karen West at 207-845-2934, or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
SBIR/STTR Three-Phase Program
Determines feasibility. Agencies award grants up to $150,000 for a six month SBIR project and one-year STTR project that explores the technical merit of an idea or technology. Applicants must submit a 25-page proposal in response to a specific agency topic. The proposal must articulate objectives, significance of the innovation, scope of work, and applicant qualifications. Recommended Timeline for Phase I Proposal Writing Process
Transfers innovation from the workbench to the marketplace. No SBIR/STTR funds support this phase, so an entrepreneur must pursue capital from the private sector or funding from other non-SBIR/STTR federal programs.
Click here for SBIR/STTR Powerpoint Presentation
The MTI has developed an SBIR/STTR Technical Assistance Program (TAP) to encourage entrepreneurs and small business to participate in the federal SBIR/STTR Program. Companies may receive pro-bono guidance and advice from the TAP team separate from, and in addition to the MTI SBIR/STTR funding programs. For more information contact Shane at 588-1018 or at email@example.com.
Business Accelerator Grants
The MTI Business Accelerator Grant is available to companies that have recently been chosen for a Federal Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Phase I or Phase II grant. More information about the Business Accelerator Grant can be found here.