Dates & Deadlines
- 12/17/13 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m. MTI Seed Grants of…
- 1/7/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pm TechStart Grants…
- 1/15/14 - TechStart and Seed Grant Webinar 11/13/13 - MTI TechStart and Seed Grant…
- 2/4/14 - TechStart Grant Application Deadline All applications due by 5pm TechStart Grants…
- 3/4/14 - Development Loan Deadline All applications due by 5pm. Development…
- 4/1/14 - TechStart Grant Application Deadline All applications due by 5pm TechStart Grants…
- 4/15/14 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m. MTI Seed Grants of…
Development Loans of up to $500,000 are offered three times a year to support research and development of new and/or enhanced products, processes or services leading to commercialization. All projects must fall under one of Maine’s seven technology sectors and require matching investments of 1:1. Please reference this document for maximum pro-bono hourly rates allowed in MTI applications.
November 5, 2013
Development Loan Application Process
Step 1: Review the Development Loan Request for Application (PDF), required RFA Forms. We also recommend reading Tips for a Strong Application and this presentation provided by Maine Center for Entrepreneurial Development.
Step 2: Attend a workshop or webinar
Please click here for the Development Loan webinar PowerPoint presentation.
Step 3: Schedule a Concept Review Meeting with MTI staff.
A Concept Review Meeting is required of all Development Loan Applicants. Please contact Jessica Watson at email@example.com to schedule your meeting. The meeting should be scheduled at least 3 weeks before the deadline date. Applicants are requested to come to the mandatory concept review meeting with a straw business plan and their non-confidential technology project summary indicating how the technological innovation can grow their business.
Step 4: Prepare, proofread and submit application
Applications may be submitted online, mailed or hand-delivered to our Brunswick office. Applications may not be submitted via email. All applications must be received before 5pm on the deadline date.
To submit your application online, log into your account here.
On the right hand side, you will see "Submit Application Online" - once selected you will be redirected to a new page. Select "New Proposal", fill out the Proposal ID, Email, Name, Organization and select "Start Proposal". Add a single PDF document of the proposal and hit submit.
Grant Recipient Forms