Dates & Deadlines
- 10/7/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 10/20/14 - CIP Implementation Proposal Deadline All CIP Implementation proposals are due by…
- 11/4/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 11/12/14 - Seed Grant Deadline Applications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 12/2/14 - TechStart Grant Deadline All applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
3/16/12 - Maine entrepreneurs interested in growing their technology-based businesses are invited to learn about Maine Technology Institute (MTI) funding
Maine entrepreneurs interested in growing their technology-based businesses are invited to attend an upcoming Maine Technology Institute (MTI) workshop or webinar to learn about applying to MTI’s Business Innovation Program. Through MTI, funding is available for business planning, market research, intellectual property filing, prototype development or later-stage R&D activities for technology-based business ventures.
At each workshop, MTI program specialists will discuss the activities eligible for funding under the TechStart, Seed Grant, Small Business Innovation Research Grants and Development Loan and Business Accelerator Grant options. Each funding component requires a 1:1 dollar match consisting of actual cash, salaries, staff time or equipment and in-kind contributions directly attributable to the proposed project.
To register for workshops or webinars, please go to the MTI website at www.mainetechnology.org and refer to the Dates and Deadlines section or contact Linda Adams, Program Assistant at email@example.com or 207-588-1018. Reservations are strongly encouraged to help MTI assure adequate space and seating. Walk-ins are welcome, space permitting.
Webinars are specific to individual funding applications including Techstart and Seed Grants, Development Loans and Fedral Small Business Innovation Reserach Grants
March 26 10-11:30am SBIR
April 10 2-3:30pm TechStart and Seed Grant
April 18 10-11:30am Development Loan and Business Accelerator Grant
Workshops include information on Techstart and Seed Grants, Development Loans, Business Acclerator Grants and SBIR grant applications
Wells 9:30-11:30am, York County Community College
Machias 10am-Noon, University of Maine Machias
Portland 9:30-11:30am, Abromson Center, USM
Lewiston 1-3pm, Lewiston-Auburn College, USM
MTI is a publicly financed, private nonprofit organization created by the Legislature to stimulate research and development activity leading to the commercialization of new products, processes and services in the state's seven technology-intensive sectors. Programs are designed to enhance the competitive position of those sectors and increase the likelihood that one or more of the sectors will support clusters of industrial activity and create quality jobs across Maine. More about MTI at: www.mainetechnology.org.
Innovators in the News
- 9/23/14 - SMCC program offers leg-up in job market The Composites Program at Southern Maine Community College is featured in this story in the Times…
- 9/22/14 - Lean Green: Will your next beer be made out of this? A brewer, three kelp farmers and a scientist walk into a bar. This is what they came up with. Check…
- 6/23/14 - Maine Technology Institute Funds Successful Maine Companies that Fuel Maine's Economy Since 1999 the Maine Technology Institute has invested over $178 million in more than 1,500 Maine…
- 6/9/14 - MTI Funds Innovative Technologies to Grow and Develop Your Business Starting and building a business around an innovative technology is typically more capital intensive…