Dates & Deadlines
- 4/22/14 - Seed Grant Application DeadlineApplications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 4/29/14 - TechStart and Seed Grant WebinarThis webinar will focus on the application…
- 5/6/14 - TechStart Grant DeadlineAll applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 6/3/14 - TechStart Grant DeadlineAll applications due by 5pmTechStart Grants…
- 6/3/14 - Development Loan DeadlineAll applications due by 5pm.Development…
- 7/22/14 - Seed Grant Application DeadlineApplications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
- 9/3/14 - Development Loan DeadlineAll applications due by 5pm.Development…
- 10/21/14 - Seed Grant DeadlineApplications Due by 5 p.m.MTI Seed Grants of…
Cluster Initiative Program
NEXT CIP proposals are due:
Rolling/Apply anytime: up to $50,000 for feasibility and planning activities that help you and your industry collaborators tackle challenges facing your industry.
Implementation Proposals: March 24, 2014: up to $500,000 to fund collaborative, industry-led activities that boost innovation and industry success.
To review information shared in the most recent webinar, click here.
Awards of up to $500,000 are available to cluster initiatives to support Maine's technology sectors and businesses by improving the effectiveness of their infrastructure, as well as resources and connections among firms, service providers, research laboratories and educational institutions. These awards support on collaborative efforts that help spread knowledge and skills, build connections among businesses, connect businesses to research and service partners, and address common opportunities and challenges, leading to more vibrant economic growth and innovation in Maine's high-potential technology clusters. Applications are requested through an RFA.
There are two levels of awards and application time lines and requirements. Participation in a workshop or a personal interview is required for submission of an application for both award levels.
Please see the Request for Proposals (RFP) here.
|Cover Page (Form A)||Word|
|Milestone Summary (Form B)||Word|
|Budget Form (Form C)||Word|
|Sample Commitment Letter (Form D)||Word|
|Economic Impact Summary (Form E)||Word|
Review and Selection Process
All completed applications will be reviewed by a committee consisting of MTI, the MTI Board of Directors and outside experts, as invited by MTI. The committee will make a recommendation for each application considering, but not limited to, the following: the collaborating organizations and individuals, the importance of the cluster to Maine, the amount and quality of matching funds, the quality and clarity of the application and the prospects for measurable impact. The result will be a designation of "Recommended for Interview" or Not Recommended for Interview."
Those applicants recommended for an interview will be invited to present their project, in person, to the committee or MTI Board. Upon review of all recommended applications, the MTI Board of Directors will make final award decisions.